Saturday, August 1, 2009

Sad

July 30, 2009

Time: Approximately 1118 Hours
Location: 3200 N. 37th Street
Report #: 2009-91213316
Victim: Jose Favela-Lopez
H/M 52-years-old

Suspect: UNKNOWN

On July 30, 2009, at about at about 11:18 a.m., the Phoenix Police Department received a call of "unknown trouble" at the apartments located at 3200 N. 37th Street. When they got there, they found Jose Favela-Lopez had been murdered inside one of the apartments. Mr. Favela-Lopez was the manager of the apartments and had been preparing the apartment he was found in for future tenants. In addition, he had been spending time in the apartment to prevent possible vandalism, which could occur because it was vacant. The cause of death is not being released.

The case is on-going and at this time, there is no suspect information. Investigators are asking for help from the community. If anyone saw or heard something or has any information about this incident, they are encouraged to call the Phoenix Police Department, Violent Crimes Bureau at (602) 262-6141 or "SILENT WITNESS" at (480) W-I-T-N-E-S-S. For Spanish, call (480) T-E-S-T-I-G-O.

 

For all I know, Mr. Favela-Lopez was armed.  I am not here to say "a gun in his hand would have prevented this."  I am here to say let the cops do their jobs and don't put yourself in harms way.

2 comments:

  1. I say if he had a gun he would have at least had a fighting chance! Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. Arizona is a gun friendly state. Mine is in my pocket 24/7. I take no chances. Nice blog here keep it going. For good discussion on concealed carry go to www.TodaysSurvival.com/forum

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. The news outlets say that he had been having some troubles in the vacant unit and decided to keep an eye on it. I also carry my .45 where my CCW allows, but I would never knowingly go where there is trouble waiting for me. If he had shot an intruder, the bottom feeders we call lawyers would say that he was a vigilante who had set a trap. No win.

    ReplyDelete